NAMI Homefront Mental Health Resources for Military Service Members, Veterans and Their Families is a free online suite of resources designed to increase understanding, communication, wellness and advocacy skills. Available 24/7 by computer or mobile devices. www.homefrontresources.nami.org
Based on the nationally recognized NAMI Family-to-Family program, NAMI Homefront is designed to address the unique needs of family, caregivers and friends of those who have served or are currently serving our country. The program is taught by trained family members of service members/veterans with mental health conditions.
NAMI Homefront is offered online! We understand that attending an in-person class can be difficult for busy individuals and families. We now offer NAMI Homefront Online. Online classes meet weekly in a virtual classroom, so participants experience the same level of interaction and learning as traditional in-person classes. Sign up to receive registration information for NAMI Homefront Online at NAMI.org
What You’ll Gain
Recovery is a journey and there is hope for all people affected by mental health conditions. This in-person experience provides the opportunity for mutual support and shared positive impact. You will experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences. Through your participation, you have the opportunity to help others grow.
NAMI Homefront teaches you how to:
- Learn to care for yourself, including managing your stress
- Support your family member with compassion
- Identify and access federal, state and local services
- Stay informed on the latest research and information on mental health, including posttraumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, anxiety, depression and substance use
- Understand current treatments and evidence-based therapies
- Navigate the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on the entire family
- Manage a crisis, solve problems and communicate effectively